karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plans for release of aries blueprint 0.4.1?
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 03:03:34 GMT
+1

Freeman
On 2012-4-13, at 上午12:10, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> Fwiw, I have a local fork of the 0.3.x aries maintenance branch  
> which we
> could use as a basis for releasing our own version of the code if we  
> need.
> I think that would be beneficial for the Karaf 2.x branches where we  
> could
> get a bunch a bug fixes that we can't otherwise access.
>
> I know Geronimo has already released forked Aries code, (I suppose  
> because
> of the exact same issue) so I don't think that's a real problem:
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/ext/aries/blueprint/org.apache.aries.blueprint/
>
> Thoughts ?
>
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 17:18, Holly Cummins <holly.k.cummins@googlemail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Unless it's based on a branch from an older blueprint level, I'm  
>> fairly
>> sure that releasing blueprint 0.4.1 isn't much less work than  
>> releasing
>> 1.0.0.
>>
>> The reason is that the new blueprint code will only resolve against  
>> a new
>> version of the util bundle. No existing bundles will resolve  
>> against the
>> new util bundle, so any bundles with a util dependency will also  
>> need to be
>> re-released.
>>
>> This is pretty wretched, but such issues should go away once we're  
>> using
>> version numbers above 1.
>>
>> I'm going slightly slower with the 1.0.0 work than I could because  
>> I'm
>> making sure that all the 1.0.0 bundles work together; at the moment  
>> I'm
>> unpicking a problem with the application deployment tests and recent
>> testsupport bundles, for example. This could be deferred until  
>> after the
>> first 1.0.0 bundles roll off the assembly line, depending how  
>> urgently
>> Karaf need a new release. I think it's neater to do things as I am,  
>> but
>> pragmatism and neatness aren't always friends.
>>
>> In either case, a new release hasn't been forgotten, and I am  
>> working away
>> at it. :)
>>
>> Holly
>>
>>
>> On 11 Apr 2012, at 19:33, "Yonker, Jonathan" <jonathan.yonker@lmco.com 
>> >
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>>
>>> From reading through the mailing list, it appears that I'm not the  
>>> only
>>> one with this question, but I still have to ask. Is there  
>>> currently any
>>> timeline for the 0.4.1 release? It appears that all issues in JIRA  
>>> were
>>> resolved quite a while ago, so it appears that the only problem  
>>> are the
>>> release problems that I've been reading about on the mailing list.  
>>> The
>>> project that I'm working on runs on Karaf and we're eagerly  
>>> awaiting some
>>> of the bugfixes from the 0.4.x branch, but Karaf is waiting for  
>>> 0.4.1
>>> before they upgrade from 0.3.1 ( https://issues.apache.org/**
>>> jira/browse/KARAF-988 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-988 
>>> >).
>>> Does anyone have a good guess on the feasibility of releasing  
>>> 0.4.1 rather
>>> than just going right to 1.0?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any updates you can provide!
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jon
>>>
>>
>
>
> -- 
> ------------------------
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
> ------------------------
> FuseSource, Integration everywhere
> http://fusesource.com

---------------------------------------------
Freeman Fang

FuseSource
Email:ffang@fusesource.com
Web: fusesource.com
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
weibo: http://weibo.com/u/1473905042











Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message