karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Topping <topp...@codehaus.org>
Subject 3.0.0 release branch testing
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 05:42:02 GMT
Hi all,

I've created some patches in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-1390 that I'd like
to have in my workflow.  Every morning, I end up with new downloads from Hudson because the
snapshots have changed.  Makes good sense, so I wanted to create a locally released plugin
that I could use until the patches get applied in one form or another.

First, I tried to version the plugin POM and do a build, but I believe that didn't work because
of a large number of ${project.version} property substitutions throughout the POMs, causing
the dependency POMs to not have a version of a dependency with my newly created ${project.version}
and filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-1421 toward it.

But I am realizing that may not be the case, as I tried to substitute all the version numbers
on all the POMs and do a build and it still fails.  (I realize it's a large dependency chain
that would be built, but I don't have time to waste on this.)

Does anyone have ideas they could share on how to work around this?

Thanks, Brian