karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plans for release of aries blueprint 0.4.1?
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 16:10:41 GMT
Fwiw, I have a local fork of the 0.3.x aries maintenance branch which we
could use as a basis for releasing our own version of the code if we need.
I think that would be beneficial for the Karaf 2.x branches where we could
get a bunch a bug fixes that we can't otherwise access.

I know Geronimo has already released forked Aries code, (I suppose because
of the exact same issue) so I don't think that's a real problem:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/ext/aries/blueprint/org.apache.aries.blueprint/

Thoughts ?

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 17:18, Holly Cummins <holly.k.cummins@googlemail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Unless it's based on a branch from an older blueprint level, I'm fairly
> sure that releasing blueprint 0.4.1 isn't much less work than releasing
> 1.0.0.
>
> The reason is that the new blueprint code will only resolve against a new
> version of the util bundle. No existing bundles will resolve against the
> new util bundle, so any bundles with a util dependency will also need to be
> re-released.
>
> This is pretty wretched, but such issues should go away once we're using
> version numbers above 1.
>
> I'm going slightly slower with the 1.0.0 work than I could because I'm
> making sure that all the 1.0.0 bundles work together; at the moment I'm
> unpicking a problem with the application deployment tests and recent
> testsupport bundles, for example. This could be deferred until after the
> first 1.0.0 bundles roll off the assembly line, depending how urgently
> Karaf need a new release. I think it's neater to do things as I am, but
> pragmatism and neatness aren't always friends.
>
> In either case, a new release hasn't been forgotten, and I am working away
> at it. :)
>
> Holly
>
>
> On 11 Apr 2012, at 19:33, "Yonker, Jonathan" <jonathan.yonker@lmco.com>
> wrote:
>
>  Hello,
>>
>> From reading through the mailing list, it appears that I'm not the only
>> one with this question, but I still have to ask. Is there currently any
>> timeline for the 0.4.1 release? It appears that all issues in JIRA were
>> resolved quite a while ago, so it appears that the only problem are the
>> release problems that I've been reading about on the mailing list. The
>> project that I'm working on runs on Karaf and we're eagerly awaiting some
>> of the bugfixes from the 0.4.x branch, but Karaf is waiting for 0.4.1
>> before they upgrade from 0.3.1 ( https://issues.apache.org/**
>> jira/browse/KARAF-988 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-988>).
>> Does anyone have a good guess on the feasibility of releasing 0.4.1 rather
>> than just going right to 1.0?
>>
>> Thanks for any updates you can provide!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jon
>>
>


-- 
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
------------------------
FuseSource, Integration everywhere
http://fusesource.com

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message