karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andreas Pieber <anpie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Start 3.0.x stabilizing branch and feature freeze
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:42:54 GMT
Just to revitalize this discussion a little bit: How far are we? What is
still missing before we can start the stabilization branch? Maybe we can
finally provide a checklist of must-be-included :-)

Kind regards,
Andreas

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 09:23, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:

> Hi Guillaume,
>
> For the spec, I think that we have to release a new version of the bundles
> in any case.
>
> I can take it.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
>
> On 01/17/2012 09:04 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>
>> The changes I've made so far are in a github branch, I can at least
>> backport the inclusion of the activator and custom specs (jaxp, stax,
>> jaxb, jaxws) to trunk.  For the versions of the exported package, I'm
>> still not sure what's the best way, we can either export versions on
>> the packages or release new versions of the bundles (we'll need a
>> release of the specs anyway).
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 07:59, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<jb@nanthrax.net>
>>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dan,
>>>
>>> Guillaume made a first change on trunk around that.
>>>
>>> So it will includes in the branch.
>>>
>>> I plan to include sub-shell and profiles too on this branch.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB
>>>
>>>
>>> On 01/16/2012 04:31 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:19:53 AM David Jencks wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> We've been feature complete since last august, except everyone keeps
>>>>> deciding we need more features.  I think Andreas's point is that unless
>>>>> we
>>>>> decide that we're going to do a release we'll never run out of
>>>>> essential
>>>>> features that absolutely need to be in 3.0 before we can release it.
>>>>>
>>>>> What specific features do you need in 3.0 that aren't there right now?
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Is Guillaume's activator stuff ready/in there?   That would be the main
>>>> thing
>>>> I'd like to see included at this point.
>>>>
>>>> Dan
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> anyway +1 from me.
>>>>>
>>>>> thanks
>>>>> david jencks
>>>>>
>>>>> On Jan 14, 2012, at 9:04 AM, Christian Schneider wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Basically this is a good idea. I am just unsure if we are already
at
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> point where we should do the branch. Do we have all features necessary
>>>>>> for 3.0 finished? I think we should do the branch as soon as we are
>>>>>> feature complete. So the branch really can focus on stabilizing
>>>>>> things.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Christian
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Am 14.01.2012 16:40, schrieb Andreas Pieber:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hey guys,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> As all of you know we really want to get Karaf 3.0 out now for
some
>>>>>>> time. But as long we add new "groundbreaking" features to the
master
>>>>>>> we'll always destabilize it at some point. To give us a chance
to
>>>>>>> finally stabilize the entire thing and getting out a 3.0 release
I
>>>>>>> would like to propose a feature freeze for 3.0 starting (for
example)
>>>>>>> today in a week. Pack everything into trunk you already have
and
>>>>>>> really want to be part of Karaf 3. Then we'll cut off a new branch
>>>>>>> (karaf-3.0.x) where we do not allow any new features. The version
on
>>>>>>> the master/trunk will be increased to 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT. This should
be
>>>>>>> the place then for all new features. This step should free us
from
>>>>>>> new regressions and give us the time to finalize 3.0.0.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> WDYT?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Kind regards,
>>>>>>> Andreas
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>>> jbonofre@apache.org
>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> jbonofre@apache.org
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message