karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Start 3.0.x stabilizing branch and feature freeze
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:49:29 GMT
Add to the list verifying Java 7 support (specifically the jar 14
issue - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-1067)

Cheers,
Jamie

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Jamie G. <jamie.goodyear@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a few iTest failures we need to resolve, then we should have a
> clean build of trunk (running all tests).
>
> Once we have a clean building trunk its time to branch - we still need
> to polish 3.0.x a bit before we do a Release Candidate.
>
> Cheers,
> Jamie
>
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Andreas Pieber <anpieber@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just to revitalize this discussion a little bit: How far are we? What is
>> still missing before we can start the stabilization branch? Maybe we can
>> finally provide a checklist of must-be-included :-)
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Andreas
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 09:23, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Guillaume,
>>>
>>> For the spec, I think that we have to release a new version of the bundles
>>> in any case.
>>>
>>> I can take it.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB
>>>
>>>
>>> On 01/17/2012 09:04 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>>>
>>>> The changes I've made so far are in a github branch, I can at least
>>>> backport the inclusion of the activator and custom specs (jaxp, stax,
>>>> jaxb, jaxws) to trunk.  For the versions of the exported package, I'm
>>>> still not sure what's the best way, we can either export versions on
>>>> the packages or release new versions of the bundles (we'll need a
>>>> release of the specs anyway).
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 07:59, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<jb@nanthrax.net>
>>>>  wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi Dan,
>>>>>
>>>>> Guillaume made a first change on trunk around that.
>>>>>
>>>>> So it will includes in the branch.
>>>>>
>>>>> I plan to include sub-shell and profiles too on this branch.
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards
>>>>> JB
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On 01/16/2012 04:31 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:19:53 AM David Jencks wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> We've been feature complete since last august, except everyone
keeps
>>>>>>> deciding we need more features.  I think Andreas's point is
that unless
>>>>>>> we
>>>>>>> decide that we're going to do a release we'll never run out of
>>>>>>> essential
>>>>>>> features that absolutely need to be in 3.0 before we can release
it.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> What specific features do you need in 3.0 that aren't there right
now?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Is Guillaume's activator stuff ready/in there?   That would be the
main
>>>>>> thing
>>>>>> I'd like to see included at this point.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Dan
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> anyway +1 from me.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> thanks
>>>>>>> david jencks
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Jan 14, 2012, at 9:04 AM, Christian Schneider wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Basically this is a good idea. I am just unsure if we are
already at
>>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>>> point where we should do the branch. Do we have all features
necessary
>>>>>>>> for 3.0 finished? I think we should do the branch as soon
as we are
>>>>>>>> feature complete. So the branch really can focus on stabilizing
>>>>>>>> things.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Christian
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Am 14.01.2012 16:40, schrieb Andreas Pieber:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Hey guys,
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> As all of you know we really want to get Karaf 3.0 out
now for some
>>>>>>>>> time. But as long we add new "groundbreaking" features
to the master
>>>>>>>>> we'll always destabilize it at some point. To give us
a chance to
>>>>>>>>> finally stabilize the entire thing and getting out a
3.0 release I
>>>>>>>>> would like to propose a feature freeze for 3.0 starting
(for example)
>>>>>>>>> today in a week. Pack everything into trunk you already
have and
>>>>>>>>> really want to be part of Karaf 3. Then we'll cut off
a new branch
>>>>>>>>> (karaf-3.0.x) where we do not allow any new features.
The version on
>>>>>>>>> the master/trunk will be increased to 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.
This should be
>>>>>>>>> the place then for all new features. This step should
free us from
>>>>>>>>> new regressions and give us the time to finalize 3.0.0.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> WDYT?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Kind regards,
>>>>>>>>> Andreas
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>>>>> jbonofre@apache.org
>>>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>>>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>> --
>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>>> jbonofre@apache.org
>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>>>

Mime
View raw message