karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Start 3.0.x stabilizing branch and feature freeze
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:51:55 GMT
Disregard the java 7 issue, its marked as resolved.



On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:20 AM, Jamie G. <jamie.goodyear@gmail.com> wrote:
> s/jar/jsr  (sorry for the confusion, auto-complete strikes again).
>
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Jamie G. <jamie.goodyear@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Add to the list verifying Java 7 support (specifically the jar 14
>> issue - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-1067)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jamie
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Jamie G. <jamie.goodyear@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> We have a few iTest failures we need to resolve, then we should have a
>>> clean build of trunk (running all tests).
>>>
>>> Once we have a clean building trunk its time to branch - we still need
>>> to polish 3.0.x a bit before we do a Release Candidate.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Jamie
>>>
>>> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Andreas Pieber <anpieber@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> Just to revitalize this discussion a little bit: How far are we? What is
>>>> still missing before we can start the stabilization branch? Maybe we can
>>>> finally provide a checklist of must-be-included :-)
>>>>
>>>> Kind regards,
>>>> Andreas
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 09:23, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net>
wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi Guillaume,
>>>>>
>>>>> For the spec, I think that we have to release a new version of the bundles
>>>>> in any case.
>>>>>
>>>>> I can take it.
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards
>>>>> JB
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On 01/17/2012 09:04 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> The changes I've made so far are in a github branch, I can at least
>>>>>> backport the inclusion of the activator and custom specs (jaxp, stax,
>>>>>> jaxb, jaxws) to trunk.  For the versions of the exported package,
I'm
>>>>>> still not sure what's the best way, we can either export versions
on
>>>>>> the packages or release new versions of the bundles (we'll need a
>>>>>> release of the specs anyway).
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 07:59, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<jb@nanthrax.net>
>>>>>>  wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi Dan,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Guillaume made a first change on trunk around that.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> So it will includes in the branch.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I plan to include sub-shell and profiles too on this branch.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Regards
>>>>>>> JB
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On 01/16/2012 04:31 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:19:53 AM David Jencks wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> We've been feature complete since last august, except
everyone keeps
>>>>>>>>> deciding we need more features.  I think Andreas's point
is that unless
>>>>>>>>> we
>>>>>>>>> decide that we're going to do a release we'll never run
out of
>>>>>>>>> essential
>>>>>>>>> features that absolutely need to be in 3.0 before we
can release it.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> What specific features do you need in 3.0 that aren't
there right now?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Is Guillaume's activator stuff ready/in there?   That would
be the main
>>>>>>>> thing
>>>>>>>> I'd like to see included at this point.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Dan
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> anyway +1 from me.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> thanks
>>>>>>>>> david jencks
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Jan 14, 2012, at 9:04 AM, Christian Schneider wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Basically this is a good idea. I am just unsure if
we are already at
>>>>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>>>>> point where we should do the branch. Do we have all
features necessary
>>>>>>>>>> for 3.0 finished? I think we should do the branch
as soon as we are
>>>>>>>>>> feature complete. So the branch really can focus
on stabilizing
>>>>>>>>>> things.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Christian
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Am 14.01.2012 16:40, schrieb Andreas Pieber:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Hey guys,
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> As all of you know we really want to get Karaf
3.0 out now for some
>>>>>>>>>>> time. But as long we add new "groundbreaking"
features to the master
>>>>>>>>>>> we'll always destabilize it at some point. To
give us a chance to
>>>>>>>>>>> finally stabilize the entire thing and getting
out a 3.0 release I
>>>>>>>>>>> would like to propose a feature freeze for 3.0
starting (for example)
>>>>>>>>>>> today in a week. Pack everything into trunk you
already have and
>>>>>>>>>>> really want to be part of Karaf 3. Then we'll
cut off a new branch
>>>>>>>>>>> (karaf-3.0.x) where we do not allow any new features.
The version on
>>>>>>>>>>> the master/trunk will be increased to 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.
This should be
>>>>>>>>>>> the place then for all new features. This step
should free us from
>>>>>>>>>>> new regressions and give us the time to finalize
3.0.0.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> WDYT?
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Kind regards,
>>>>>>>>>>> Andreas
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>>>>>>> jbonofre@apache.org
>>>>>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>>>>>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>>>>> jbonofre@apache.org
>>>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>>>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>>>>>

Mime
View raw message