karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Toni Menzel <t...@okidokiteam.com>
Subject Re: Preparing Pax Exam 2.3.1 release
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:48:57 GMT
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 6:55 AM, Andreas Pieber <anpieber@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> @Karaf we're currently using Pax Exam 2.3.0 and experienced PAXEXAM-351
> [1] as we've upgraded the guava lib for all Karaf projects to it's latest
> version (KARAF-1207 [2]).  With version 2.4.0 not available right now (and
> with no final release date) I've created a new v2.3.x branch on pax-exam
> and backported PAXEXAM-351 [1] there. Using this patch fixes our problems.
>
> I will like to release Pax Exam 2.3.1 on monday/thuesday with this patch.
> Though there had been various other bugfixes on master (well, at least I
> assume that those had been bugfixes by reading the issues and the
> changesets :-)). I'm not quite sure which ones though. @Harald and/or Toni:
> do you consider any of them critical for backporting to 2.3.1? If not I'll
> simply release with the single fix; though I think it's a good time to
> stabilze 2.3.x with what we've learned during the 2.4.x development.

Is 2.4.0 not an option for you ? With exam being "tool" that is usually not
shipped with other product releases i'd like the single, forward going
release line. I am not into that 2.4.0 line, so need to wait for Haralds
comments here.
@Karaf: Is 2.4.0.RC1 okay for you - feature wise ?

--
Toni Menzel Source <http://tonimenzel.com>