karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] A features-fragment for extending external Features
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 10:22:59 GMT
I got the same idea, but Achim explained it's different than a trigger.
A trigger means (or "embedded" features) require a new feature,
something like:

<feature name="karaf-war">
   <feature>war</feature>
   <bundle>war-commands</bundle>
</feature>

(same with trigger).

So it means that it's not transparent for the users, as they have to use
a specific karaf-war feature.

The Achim proposal is to install a new feature automatically when the
pax web war is installed, without modifying the "source" feature (pax
web war for instance).

Regards
JB

On 02/02/2012 11:10 AM, Ioannis Canellos wrote:
> +1 for the idea. I am not very fond of the naming (fragment / host) it looks more like
a trigger rather than a fragment.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org