karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Łukasz Dywicki <l...@code-house.org>
Subject Re: Duplicate feature repository entry using archive-kar to build deployable applications
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 08:25:26 GMT
The initial idea behind profiles was to use its definition also during build time. We'll definitely
have a conflict areas - between FeaturesService, Kars and Profiles. All three can provide
configuration resources, kars can be also used during build time. Maybe it's time to clarify
who does what? :)

Łukasz Dywicki
--
Code-House
http://code-house.org

Wiadomość napisana przez David Jencks w dniu 2012-01-11, o godz. 17:37:

> I can't tell what you are doing since your information is inconsistent.
>
> If you use the trunk (3.0.0-SNAPSHOT) karaf-maven-plugin and the kar packaging your "source"
feature.xml file should be in src/main/feature/feature.xml.  AFAIK this works fine.

> I don't know anything about 2.2.x.
>
> david jencks
>
> On Jan 11, 2012, at 8:21 AM, Michael Täschner wrote:
>
>> Hi JB,
>>
>> I switched to the create-kar goal of maven-features-plugin of karaf 2.2.5, yet the
issues remain: If the input feature file uses properties I can only use the already filtered
file in target/classes (I uses ${project.artifactId}, version, etc.) else the bundles cannot
be resolved. Additionally the resulting kar still contains two feature files: the one from
build path (target/classes) and the one within /repository, still resulting in two feature
repositories being added in karaf ?

>> Did I do something wrong ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Michael
>>
>> 2012/1/11 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net>
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> my comments inline:
>>

>> 1: I use the features-maven-plugin of karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT to
>> "archive-kar" my feature from a filtered features.xml file in
>> src/main/resources/feature. This works fine apart from the fact that the
>> resulting kar contains two features.xml, one in /features (as copied
>> from /target/classes/feature) and one in the correct place under
>> /repository/<groupId>/<artifactId>-features.xml. How can I tell the
>> plugin to ignore the /target/feature/features.xml in the kar while I
>> still need it for the build ? Right now karaf shows two added feature
>> repositories for the same bundles and I have to remove one manually.
>>
>> The create-kar goal is now available with features-maven-plugin 2.2.5.
>>
>> http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.2.x/users-guide/kar.html
>>
>> I blogged about it:
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net/2011/12/do-you-know-the-apache-karaf-maven-plugins/
>>
>> The create-kar goal take the featuresFile, so it should include only this one, and
you shouldn't use a resource for that.

>> 2. Undeploy of kar from the karaf /deploy folder has currently no
>> effect, neither the feature repo, nor the features/bundles themselves
>> are undeployed ? Additionally I wonder what would happen if I copy a
>> newer kar of my features to the /deploy folder ?!
>>
>> It's an expected behavior. Removing a kar file doesn't remove the features installed
(and the bundles/config associated).
>> On Karaf 2.2.x, the kar is uncompress in the local-repo folder, adding a .timestamp.
>> If you copy a new KAR, the KarDeployer will check if the kar is newer than the previous
.timestamp and so it will try to update the features/bundles. Else, nothing will be performed.