karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Łukasz Dywicki <l...@code-house.org>
Subject Re: SCR Tools for Karaf
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 23:37:23 GMT
Hey David,
You're right. I did wrong assumption that patch contains some webconsole stuff. I also saw
the ds plugin so I thought that there will be next.

Sorry for misunderstanding.

Łukasz Dywicki
--
Code-House
http://code-house.org

Wiadomość napisana przez David Jencks w dniu 2012-01-10, o godz. 00:00:

> Łukasz,
>
> Maybe you know more about the felix webconsole than I do.... I see this:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/webconsole-plugins/ds
>
> This looks to me like a felix webconsole plugin for dealing with scr.
>
> BTW felix scr does provide some console commands and they work but they don't show up
as available with our tab completion.  My impression is the Scott's new ones are slightly
more capable.

> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Jan 9, 2012, at 1:55 PM, Łukasz Dywicki wrote:
>
>> Hey Scott,
>> Many thanks for providing the patch. Lack of the scr commands was our issue from
ages, thanks to you we finally have some support in many areas. I am with David about dropping
the dependencies to the EventAdmin and MetaType services. Indeed, they're usefullt and let
have more features in webconsole but they're not mandatory for running SCR. We can make a
note in manual about SCR support to install this and that to see more.

>> Only two things which makes me afraid is the WebConsole plugin. I not going to create
a noise, but wouldn't it be better to donate a webconsole plugin directly to Felix? Felix
team takes care about the core of webconsole and its development. We just do the plugins for
things specific to Karaf like administration of instances or feature repositories.

>> I've put some basic support for SCR last week to WebConsole subproject but it doesn't
affect the core of the Karaf.

>> Łukasz Dywicki
>> --
>> Code-House
>> http://code-house.org
>>

>> Wiadomość napisana przez David Jencks w dniu 2012-01-09, o godz. 05:40:

>>> I don't see the problem in having them separate.  People may want the web console
without scr, and we shouldn't force them to install scr.  I think it would be better to put
the scr webconsole bit into a scr module, but I don't know where the code is.  In felix trunk
there appears to be a webconsole plugin for ds support, but it doesn't look like its been
released (version is 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT).