karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Issue with the latest mvn change on trunk
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2012 14:58:17 GMT
Hi David,

I built Pax URL 1.4-SNAPSHOT on my machine (with a fresh git pull).

And I have exactly the same issue. Moreover I have another issue at startup:

ERROR: Bundle org.ops4j.pax.url.wrap [2] Error starting
mvn:org.ops4j.pax.url/pax-url-wrap/1.4-SNAPSHOT
(org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle
org.ops4j.pax.url.wrap [2]: Unable to resolve 2.0: missing requirement
[2.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=org.slf4j.impl))
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle
org.ops4j.pax.url.wrap [2]: Unable to resolve 2.0: missing requirement
[2.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=org.slf4j.impl)
         at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:3826)
         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1868)
         at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1191)
         at
org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:295)

I think due to the startup order as pax-logging/slf4j is not yet started
when pax.url.wrap start.

Anyway, the issue is still present with the latest pax-url.

I'm digging to find the cause.

Regards
JB

On 01/13/2012 07:37 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Jan 13, 2012, at 2:30 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I saw an issue while updating the Spring version in Karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.
>>
>> It seems that now, Karaf goes on Central first, before cheking in the Karaf system
repository.

>> For instance, the Karaf Spring features XML is correct in the system repo, but after
performed a features:list-url, this features XML is overwritten by the one on Central.

>> I think that it's related to the latest change made by David.
>>
>> I think that the order of artifact resolution should be:
>> 1/ check in the Karaf system repository
>> 2/ check in the user .m2/repository
>> 3/ check in the repositories defined in the etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg
>
> That's what I've seen happening after my changes (and never before my changes, where
it always checked remote repos first).

> I wonder if you have an up to date copy of pax-url-aether?  I don't know the snapshot
publishing policy at ops4j.

> david jencks
>

>> I'm going to check if the ${karaf.default.repository} is correctly used in Pax URL
localRepository.

>> I suspect the + (prepend) could be the cause of the problem (I gonna check).
>>
>> I will give you more information later today.
>>
>> More over, I saw that the demos features is present by default in the distribution
(with file: protocol). I think it should be "optional" and provided by a demos features that
the user has to reference (add-url).

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org