karaf-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Possibly crazy idea about installable child instances
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 00:21:24 GMT
Geronimo needs some "special purpose" "little" servers related to the main one, for instance
to run javaee app clients.  I'm thinking of implementing this as a karaf child instance.
I'm going to make a kar to install it (i.e. all the etc/ and such resource files will be in
a kar under resources/instances/client/etc).

At the moment I'm thinking of just reusing most of the files from the main server and hand-editing
them, but maybe it would be possible to combine things so that the server-assembly mojos generate
something into the instances/<foo> directory and then the kar packaging step packs stuff
into a kar.

I don't yet know if this makes sense... it would result in it being easy to make installable
child instances with properties defined in the pom.  Putting the idea out in case I forget
about it :-)

thanks
david jencks