karaf-dev mailing list archives

From "jb@nanthrax.net" ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Database commands for Karaf
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:25:27 GMT
+1

But maybe in Aries as we have connection factory, etc ?

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://wwx.talend.com

----- Reply message -----
From: "Christian Schneider" <chris@die-schneider.net>
To: <dev@karaf.apache.org>
Subject: Database commands for Karaf
Date: Fri, Jan 13, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi all,

as part of my Karaf Tutorial about database access I have writte some
handy Karaf shell commands for databases.
They are described with screen dumps in my Tutorial
http://www.liquid-reality.de/x/LYBk .

Especially for embedded databases like derby and h2 I missed a simple
access to the database for a long time. So I think these commands could
be interesting for many developers.

So I would like to add them to Karaf and also add a feature for them. Of
course DB commands are not the core domain of Karaf so this is surely
nothing for the Karaf minimal distro but I propose to add them to the
standard distro.

The reasons are simple:
- I think many people could have use for the commands
- They add no dependencies
- The code is really small (just 16kb)

Christian

--