karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Features autostart attribute
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 06:45:07 GMT
Hi guys,

FYI, I added the features autostart in the KarDeployer.

On trunk, I will start to create OSGi services for several modules: KAR,
config, wrapper, etc. The purpose is to be able to easily plug shell
commands and MBeans without code duplication.

Back to the features behavior, currently we have:
- bootFeatures that are installed by default at startup
- "KAR features" that are installed at KAR deployment

It means, that if an user performs:

features:addurl ...

no features will be installed by default, the user has to install
features by hand.

So, maybe, the only requirement is to install features when a features
repository is added.

Regards
JB

--