karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Manual using scalate now in svn
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 08:25:39 GMT
I've committed the project i've been working on github so far in the main
svn are, in trunk/documentation.
In order to keep that up-to-date with each version, I'd ask anyone to keep
it in sync when you modify / add a new feature in Karaf.
Note that this manual includes an auto-generated section containing all the
commands, so we could try to improve the help for those.
It can be done by adding the following attribute on the annotation as it's
done in the grep command

   @Command(...., detailedDescription="classpath:grep.txt")

And then a file in
   org/apache/karaf/shell/commands/grep.txt
The file is loaded from the command class (hence it's automatically prefixed
by the package name, unless an absolute uri is used).

I guess we could try to auto-discover this file too btw.

The manual is not fully complete and there are still sections to review /
fill, so feel free to have a look at those.

Also, I'll try to publish a snapshot and have it linked from the main web
site and use it instead of the wiki based manuals, so that we'll have easier
versioning.
But we need to come up with a better design for the web pages and add a pdf
output.  Help welcome!

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet