karaf-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Welcome to Adrian Trenaman, our newest committer!
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 14:36:41 GMT
Welcome Adrian!

On 8 October 2010 10:34, Adrian Trenaman <trenaman@progress.com> wrote:
>  Thanks all!
>
> Am really thrilled to be on board - am also itching to get committing,
> particularly around the deployment and usability aspects of Karaf. I've been
> a user for so long - back since Karaf was just a baby ServiceMix Kernel -
> it's great to get an opportunity to contribute at a higher level. Hoping to
> commit some nice code over the next few weeks around the Karaf Archive
> tooling.
>
> On that note, what do 'we' as a group prefer...
>
> + Lots of regular commits, or small numbers of large commits? (Methinks the
> former!)

Smaller commits are easier to grok

> + Git or SVN? (have been an svn user for some time *blush* but am getting
> all excited about git)

You can use either svn or git-svn to work at apache; so you can do all
your work in git if you want - but for the moment, svn is the master
record of all SCMs at apache. Lots of heated debates tend to happen if
you start asking for git around Apache :)

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration