karaf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Release planning
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 14:43:17 GMT
Hi All,

Now that Karaf 2.1.0 is available we have had some issues reported against
it, and as such we have begun to remediate those issues. This leads to the
important question of how do we want to wrap up these fixes? Should we pick
up the 2.1.x branch and prepare a 2.1.1 release or save all these fixes and
roll them into the 2.2.0 release?

Personally I think that if we do a 2.1.x maintenance release then we can
allow trunk (2.2.0) to continue along a little longer with more new feature
development.

As to the 2.2.0 release, we need to begin planning a target date for when
we'd like to cut a release candidate. I'd prefer to have this occur no later
than early December in order to avoid end of year holiday scheduling
conflicts.

Cheers,
Jamie