karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Moulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: Manual using scalate now in svn
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 08:08:12 GMT
Achim,

The question of question is very important and interesting because we
have the following issue when we launch Jetty Web Server containing the
WAR file of ServiceMix (= OSGI Server using Apache Felix or Eclipse
Equinox). In this case, the logging mechanism of ServiceMix relying on
pax-log does not work because log4j class is loaded twice (first time by
Jetty and next by pax-log).

Regards,

Charles

On 22/10/10 10:02, Achim Nierbeck wrote:
> About the patch, I can look into this probably this evening, or later this weekend :)
> About the pax-logging with the war I have to see into this, but this sounds like a good,
idea.
> Even though I'm unsure if the war contains log4j jars how would the application be able
to log out to a file since the initial logging is configured through the pax-logging. Wouldn't
it end up with a class cast exception because of different class loaders? I think I saw something
like this a couple of weeks ago :)