karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <Achim.Nierb...@ptv.de>
Subject AW: Manual using scalate now in svn
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 08:02:58 GMT
About the patch, I can look into this probably this evening, or later this weekend :)
About the pax-logging with the war I have to see into this, but this sounds like a good, idea.

Even though I'm unsure if the war contains log4j jars how would the application be able to
log out to a file since the initial logging is configured through the pax-logging. Wouldn't
it end up with a class cast exception because of different class loaders? I think I saw something
like this a couple of weeks ago :)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Guillaume Nodet [mailto:gnodet@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 22. Oktober 2010 09:58
An: dev@karaf.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Manual using scalate now in svn

Btw, do you think you could provide a patch to update karaf to pax-web trunk
?
That would be awesome.

On a side note, I wonder if we should add to the war url handler a simple
option to import the pax-logging packages automatically (though with a
resolution:=optional) to avoid problems if the war include a log4j or slf4j
jar for example.  I think this would make deploying wars easier.  Thoughts ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet