karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Packages exported by the system bundle
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 17:02:08 GMT
This is related to KARAF-13 but i'd like to gather feedback and come
up with a consensus.

Until now, the approach for packages exported by the system bundle was
to use a lower denominator from JDK 1.5 with a slight change for the
javax.transaction package to make sure it works on JEE.   The rational
was that users could deploy additional bundles to get the desired
features (such as stax, jaxws etc...).

Now, from a pure usability pov, it sounds natural that a user can use
the full JRE.

So I wonder if we should change the default behavior to export all the
JRE packages, and let downstream embedders (ServiceMix, Geronimo and
other projects) tweak the settings to suit their needs.

Thoughts ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet