karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Custine <chris.cust...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to debug karaf (kernel)
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 05:10:35 GMT
Hi Charles,
I think what you want to do is edit the karaf script, find the KARAF_DEBUG
variable, and change the suspend=n (near the end of the line) to suspend=y.
 That will cause the JVM to pause just before running main() until you
attach a debugger then it will resume the execution.  This way you can set
your breakpoints anywhere in the code and you should hit them no matter how
early in the startup they are.

Chris

--
Chris Custine