kafka-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Compton <d...@danielcompton.net>
Subject MirrorMaker documentation suggestions
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 04:56:58 GMT
Hi

I was following the instructions for Kafka mirroring and had two
suggestions for improving the documentation at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=27846330:
1. Move "Note that the --zkconnect argument should point to the source
cluster's ZooKeeper...” above the console output section, I missed this
last line on the page and spent some time scratching my head when I was
connecting to the wrong zookeeper.
2. The output from ConsumerOffsetChecker has changed since May 2012 when
this part was written. The new format is:

Group           Topic                          Pid Offset          logSize
        Lag             Owner
test-consumer-group-dc1 log-batch                 0   5               5
          0               none
test-consumer-group-dc1 log-batch                 1   3               3
          0               none
test-consumer-group-dc1 log-batch                 2   6               9
          3               none

I’m happy to update the docs if it’s not too tricky to give me access to it.

Thanks, Daniel.