kafka-users mailing list archives

From 陈小军 <chenxiao...@nhn.com>
Subject dynamic configure per topic problem
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 07:59:24 GMT
Hi,
   Today I test the dynamic configure for each topic, I set the 'retention.ms' attribution
for one topic,
        [irteam@xseed170.kdev bin]$ ./kafka-topics.sh --describe --zookeeper 10.96.250.215:10013/nelo2-kafka
--topic nelo2-crash-logs
Topic:nelo2-crash-logs  PartitionCount:6        ReplicationFactor:2     Configs:retention.ms=2880
        Topic: nelo2-crash-logs Partition: 0    Leader: 0       Replicas: 0,2   Isr: 2,0
        Topic: nelo2-crash-logs Partition: 1    Leader: 1       Replicas: 1,0   Isr: 0,1
        Topic: nelo2-crash-logs Partition: 2    Leader: 2       Replicas: 2,1   Isr: 2,1
        Topic: nelo2-crash-logs Partition: 3    Leader: 1       Replicas: 1,2   Isr: 1,2
        Topic: nelo2-crash-logs Partition: 4    Leader: 2       Replicas: 2,1   Isr: 2,1
        Topic: nelo2-crash-logs Partition: 5    Leader: 0       Replicas: 0,2   Isr: 0,2

in my mind it should delete my logs per 48 hours, actually it will delete my logs per 5 minutes.
What's the unit of 'retention.ms', second, minute or this is a bug?

Thanks~!

Best Regards
Jerry