kafka-users mailing list archives

From Joe Stein <joe.st...@stealth.ly>
Subject Re: PartitionOffsetRequestInfo only supports -1 and -2?
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 17:00:48 GMT
hmmm, that should be the "offset to fetch from", not sure why the variable
is called "time" =8^/  unless I am looking at something else from what you
are asking but this I think (another dev please confirm or explain why it
is time).

case class PartitionOffsetRequestInfo(time: Long, maxNumOffsets: Int)

should be

case class PartitionOffsetRequestInfo(offsetToFetchFrom: Long,
maxNumOffsets: Int)

which matches the Fetch API we have documented
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/A+Guide+To+The+Kafka+Protocol

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC