kafka-users mailing list archives

From <joseph.simm...@accenture.com>
Subject single node to multiple broker cluster help
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 18:32:08 GMT

I'm working through some examples and I'm having issues with activating more than one server.
I'm running on an AWS instance on an Amazon Linux AMI.  The single node to single broker worked
like a charm, yet every time I configure my second server it throws an error and shutdown's
my first Kafka server.  It's trying to run both servers on the same port.  How can I fix this?

# env JMX_PORT=10000 bin/kafka-server-start.sh config/server-2.properties

Joseph Simmons
Accenture LLC
TGP-CMT Analyst
San Francisco, CA

B: 415.537.4703
C: 951.941.1125

of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. .