kafka-users mailing list archives

From "hsy541@gmail.com" <hsy...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there a programmatic way to create topic
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 22:02:22 GMT
Hi kafka,

Is there a programmatic way to create topic.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16946778/how-can-we-create-a-topic-in-kafka-from-the-ide-using-api/18480684#18480684
is toooooo hacky, plus it's not a sync function.
I'm asking this because I'm writing a test case which will start kafka
server, create topic, produce and consume some message(in separate thread).
 But it fails some time because producer start to produce before the topic
is created. The auto topic creation property won't work either because the
consumer may start get TopicMeta data before the topic is created.
Thanks!

Best,
Siyuan