kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Yu, Libo " <libo...@citi.com>
Subject RE: issue with kafka-preferred-replica-election.sh
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 20:10:21 GMT
Hi Guozhang,

Thanks for the detailed reply. All the brokers are running.
The path not created is /brokers/topics/uattoqaaa.default/partitions
not /brokers/topics/uattoqaaa.default/partitions/[partition-id]/state
Actually, I found quite a few topics don't have the issue. The controller
must have failed to create them. I will keep monitoring this issue.

Currently, when /brokers/topics/my_path/partitions is not there,
kafka-preferred-replica-election.sh stops right away with nonode
keeper exception. Could you file a JIRA to make it keep working in
that scenario?

Regards,

Libo

-----Original Message-----
From: Guozhang Wang [mailto:wangguoz@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:56 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: issue with kafka-preferred-replica-election.sh

The create command tool will only create the path /brokers/topics/uattoqaaa.default, and then
controller, once noticing the change in ZK about the added topic, will elect leaders from
the assigned replicas written in /brokers/topics/uattoqaaa.default and then create /brokers/topics/uattoqaaa.default/partitions/[partition-id]/state.

If you have created the topic for a long time but /brokers/topics/uattoqaaa.default/partitions/[partition-id]/state
is not created by controller, it could because the replicas specified in /brokers/topics/uattoqaaa.default
does not exist yet. Could you verify the brokers specified in this path are up and running?

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang