kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Yu, Libo " <libo...@citi.com>
Subject RE: issue with kafka-preferred-replica-election.sh
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 19:14:06 GMT
One more question:
"The create topic command will not immediately create the path; it will be created by the
controller later during the creation of partitions and assign replicas to partitions."

So when will the controller create the path and partitions? When the first message is published
to the topic and partition?
All the partitions are created at once?

Regards,

Libo

-----Original Message-----
From: Guozhang Wang [mailto:wangguoz@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:48 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: issue with kafka-preferred-replica-election.sh

Could you check that before you run kafka-preferred-replica-election.sh the /brokers/topics/uattoqaaa.default/partitions
Node has been created or not?
The create topic command will not immediately create the path; it will be created by the controller
later during the creation of partitions and assign replicas to partitions. If you start the
election command right after the create topic tool, it might not be created yet.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang