kafka-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Otto <o...@wikimedia.org>
Subject Re: Kafka Mirroring setup
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 17:56:27 GMT
In our case, our aggregator/analytics cluster is in our main datacenter, so there's no risk
of the main producers becoming disconnected from it.  It seems nicer to have a dedicated aggregator
cluster, that only only gets its data via MirrorMaker (Option A), but in our case this isn't
necessary.

The aggregator cluster could use MirrorMaker to consume from remote datacenters, but still
have regular local producers send it data directly (Option B).