kafka-users mailing list archives

From Dragos Manolescu <Dragos.Manole...@servicenow.com>
Subject Dead code?
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 18:20:04 GMT
Hi --

For the last couple of days I've been going through the 0.8 code as I'm porting some 0.7.2
producers and consumers to the 0.8 API. While sbt compiles the sources and indicates that
196 tests pass (I use Scala 2.9.2), I haven't been able to successfully build Kafka in IntelliJ
(after generating the IDEA project with gen-idea). The errors are in ZkUtils; here's the first
one, with subsequent errors caused by the absence of the returned value (of type org.apache.zookeeper.data.Stat).

scala: type mismatch;
 found   : Unit
 required: org.apache.zookeeper.data.Stat
      stat = client.writeData(path, data)
                             ^
As far as I can tell writeData is provided by org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient, and its return
type is void rather than Stat; here's the signature:

    public void writeData(String path, Object object) {
        writeData(path, object, -1);
    }

I thought that this might be dead code; however IntelliJ shows ZkUtils being used in the kafka,
other and unit modules :-/

How do you marry IntelliJ with Kafka?

Thanks,

-Dragos