kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jamie Wang <jamie.w...@actuate.com>
Subject Jconsole not showing all messages on the broker for a partition
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 02:23:42 GMT
Not sure if anyone else ran into this problem in Jconsole.  I rely on this tool to see the
number of messages sent by the producer and verifies the number of messages to consume by
the consumer.  Sometimes I found the Jconsole does not display all messages in a topic on
the broker after I restart the broker.  Let' say I sent 50 messages to the broker and at this
point the Jconsole shows 50 messages. I then use control-c to shutdown the broke.  After I
restart the broker and Jconsole, at this point Jconsole shows 0 message for the topic on the
broker.  At the same time, I start the consumer which reads from the beginning of the partition,
it read all 50 messages.  Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jamie