kafka-users mailing list archives

From Neha Narkhede <neha.narkh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which version to choose => 0.8 or 0.72
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 22:55:39 GMT
We think we should be able to share a stable 0.8 beta with the community by
the end of this month. This is also the time we will deploy 0.8 in
production at LinkedIn, to ensure that we catch and resolve any bugs that
get introduced at scale before the official open source release of 0.8
which might not happen until March this year. The plan for the release will
be to update the Hadoop Loader and Camus to support 0.7 by the official
release.

I would suggest using the 0.8 beta release to start prototyping and see if
you can wait until March for the official release.

Thanks,
Neha