kafka-users mailing list archives

From Neha Narkhede <neha.narkh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LeaderNotAvailable Exception
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 16:59:31 GMT
> I have only one small doubt. Can we set requests to be consumed by only
> one consumer, means like a pull operation. Once consumed it shouldn't be
> available for other consumers. Is this possible?

It seems you want the data in a topic to be consumed by multiple consumers
in a mutually exclusive way. Kafka offers this via consumer groups using
the zookeeper based consumer. The consumers in a consumer group pull data
from the configured topics in a way that, at a time, no two consumers get
the same data.

Thanks,
Neha