kafka-users mailing list archives

From Helin Xiang <xkee...@gmail.com>
Subject no exceptions when producer send messages to a opened port that is not a broker
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 02:56:50 GMT
Hi,

I am doing some tests about kafka, and I found this:

I was going to use the zookeeper to find broker, but somehow I set the
producer's property containing "port=xxx", it actually connect to a
'broker' on "localhost:xxx"; but the port is used for another service (a
thrift server, not a kafka broker),

so the real thing is *a producer send messages to a opened port that is not
a broker, and it didn't throw any exception*(I think catched all the
exceptions).

I wonder why it didnot throw any exception. could someone explain it OR how
can I catch those exceptions?

thanks

--
*Best Regards