kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jun Rao <jun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: no exceptions when producer send messages to a opened port that is not a broker
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 05:17:06 GMT
This is true in 0.7 since the producer doesn't receive any ack. So, unless
the other side closes the socket on a wrong request, the producer client
won't know that sth is wrong on the server.

In 0.8, the producer will wait for an ack from the broker and will timeout
if no response is received.

Thanks,

Jun