kafka-users mailing list archives

From √Čtienne Borel <etienne.bo...@ubisoft.com>
Subject Which version to choose => 0.8 or 0.72
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 21:45:15 GMT
Hy  all,

We're starting to play with Kafka for an ambitious project which may be in production within
the next 6 months.

Kafka 0.8 is very promising and answers quite all our needs, the point is that we really want
to go with 0.8, but should we consider that a stable version is only a question of weeks or
months  or the only safe way is to go with  Kafka 0.7 ?

Moreover, we noticed that most of the ecosystem projects, such as Hadoop Loader or Camus,
are currently only built for Kafka 0.7, I've the feeling that working with 0.8 right now is
quite cutting hedge ...

Could you share your opinion on that ??

Thanks A lot,