kafka-users mailing list archives

From Marcos Juarez <mjua...@gmail.com>
Subject Zookeeper caching DNS entries
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 20:58:15 GMT
We're moving some Zookeeper prod nodes around, and would like to know if the Zookeeper issue
below (opened by Neha originally) has been resolved.  Ideally we would like to have all the
nodes just "see" the new DNS entry, and start talking to the new nodes, instead of having
to restart the JVMs.

Original discussion with Zookeeper maintainers was here:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/zookeeper-dev/201201.mbox/%3CCAKF1A=uH-TFm0sm-n1zWaXR5Rnt12niUpCwYHk=s9sRZE48PvQ@mail.gmail.com%3E

I tried going through all the related/superceded-by/etc JIRA issues, but it's not clear if
it's actually solved in the current ZK version. Any info about how you've done Zookeeper cluster
migrations in the past?  We're running version 3.3.5.

Thanks,

Marcos Juarez