kafka-users mailing list archives

From James Baugh <James.Ba...@returnpath.com>
Subject Snappy Compression on Kafka 0.7.2
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 20:54:13 GMT
I wrote a Kafka 0.7.2 Producer that is using Snappy compression (compression.codec=2)

The producer works fine, but when the consumer tries to pull this data it throws a "kafka.common.UnknownCodecException:
2 is an unknown compression codec" error.

If I set compression.codec=1 (gzip) then it works fine. Is snappy not available for the consumer
libraries for 0.7.2?

I am using the kafka.javaapi.consumer.SimpleConsumer package.

Thanks,

James