kafka-jira mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "ASF GitHub Bot (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (KAFKA-6728) Kafka Connect Header Null Pointer Exception
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2018 18:01:02 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6728?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16420783#comment-16420783

ASF GitHub Bot commented on KAFKA-6728:

tedyu opened a new pull request #4800: KAFKA-6728 Kafka Connect Header Null Pointer Exception
URL: https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/4800
   Guard against potential null recordHeader in WorkerSinkTask#convertHeadersFor
   ### Committer Checklist (excluded from commit message)
   - [ ] Verify design and implementation 
   - [ ] Verify test coverage and CI build status
   - [ ] Verify documentation (including upgrade notes)

This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.
For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:

> Kafka Connect Header Null Pointer Exception
> -------------------------------------------
>                 Key: KAFKA-6728
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6728
>             Project: Kafka
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: KafkaConnect
>    Affects Versions: 1.1.0
>         Environment: Linux Mint
>            Reporter: Philippe Hong
>            Priority: Major
> I am trying to use the newly released Kafka Connect that supports headers by using the
standalone connector to write to a text file (so in this case I am only using the sink component)
> I am sadly greeted by a NullPointerException :
> {noformat}
> ERROR WorkerSinkTask{id=local-file-sink-0} Task threw an uncaught and unrecoverable exception
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>     at org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerSinkTask.convertHeadersFor(WorkerSinkTask.java:501)
>     at org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerSinkTask.convertMessages(WorkerSinkTask.java:469)
>     at org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerSinkTask.poll(WorkerSinkTask.java:301)
>     at org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerSinkTask.iteration(WorkerSinkTask.java:205)
>     at org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerSinkTask.execute(WorkerSinkTask.java:173)
>     at org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerTask.doRun(WorkerTask.java:170)
>     at org.apache.kafka.connect.runtime.WorkerTask.run(WorkerTask.java:214)
>     at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
>     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
>     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
> {noformat}
> I launched zookeeper and kafka 1.1.0 locally and sent a ProducerRecord[String, Array[Byte]]
using a KafkaProducer[String, Array[Byte]] with a header that has a key and value.
> I can read the record with a console consumer as well as using a KafkaConsumer (where
in this case I can see the content of the header of the record I sent previously) so no problem
> I only made two changes to the kafka configuration:
>      - I used the StringConverter for the key and the ByteArrayConverter for the value.

>      - I also changed the topic where the sink would connect to.
> If I forgot something please tell me so as it is the first time I am creating an issue
on Jira.

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

View raw message