kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Mickael Maison <mickael.mai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-690 Add additional configuration to control MirrorMaker 2 internal topics naming convention
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2020 15:18:33 GMT
Hi Omnia,

Thanks for the KIP. Indeed being able to configure MM2's internal
topic names would be a nice improvement.

Looking at the KIP, I was surprised you propose an interface to allow
users to specify names. Have you considered making names changeable
via configurations? If so, we should definitely mention it in the
rejected alternatives as it's the first method that comes to mind.

I understand an interface gives a lot of flexibility but I'd expect
topic names to be relatively simple and known in advance in most
cases.

I've not checked all use cases but something like below felt appropriate:
clusters = primary,backup
primary->backup.offsets-sync.topic=backup.mytopic-offsets-sync