kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Gwen Shapira <g...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: First time patch submitter advice
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2020 05:41:27 GMT
Hi,

1. Unfortunately, you need to get a committer to approve running the tests.
I just gave the green-light on your PR.
2. You can hope that committers will see your PR, but sometimes things get
lost. If you know someone who is familiar with that area of the code, it is
a good idea to ping them.
3. We do have some flaky tests. You can see that Jenkins will run 3
parallel builds, if some of them pass and the committer confirms that
failures are not related to your code, we are ok to merge. Obviously, if
you end up tracking them down and fixing, everyone will be very grateful.

Hope this helps,

Gwen

--
Gwen Shapira