kafka-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-601: Configurable socket connection timeout
Date Mon, 04 May 2020 20:18:53 GMT
Hmm.  A big part of the reason behind the KIP is that the default connection timeout behavior
of the OS doesn't work for Kafka, right?  For example, on Linux, if we wait 127 seconds for
a connection attempt to time out, we won't get a chance to make another attempt in most cases.
 So I think it makes sense to set a shorter default.

best,
Colin