kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Ismael Juma <ism...@juma.me.uk>
Subject Re: CompletableFuture?
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2020 14:28:27 GMT
Good question. I have a draft KIP for the producer change:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-XXX%3A+Return+CompletableFuture+from+KafkaProducer.send

I was still debating which was the best path forward (i.e. what should be
in rejected alternatives versus the actual proposal). Feedback is welcome.
You're also welcome to take over the KIP if you have the cycles and
interest.

Ismael