kafka-dev mailing list archives

From John Roesler <j...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - KIP-213 (new vote) - Simplified and revised.
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2019 19:06:46 GMT
Hello all,

While writing some new test cases for foreign key joins (as accepted
in KIP-213), I realized that there was an oversight in the review
process: we only proposed to add join methods that take a Materialized
parameter.

This poses an unnecessary burden on users who don't _need_ to
materialize the join result, which could be quite a lot of state and
changelog topic data.

I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-9058 and then
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/7541 to fix it. I've updated the
KIP page accordingly as well.

This change consists solely of adding the missing method overloads,
and doesn't change the behavior or semantics of the operation at all.

Thanks,
-John