kafka-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-515: Enable ZK client to use the new TLS supported authentication
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2019 16:56:33 GMT
Hi Pere,

It will depend on how quickly the KIP can be voted in, and then implemented.

Manikumar Reddy is going to be the release manager for Apache Kafka 2.4.0.  Right now, the
KIP freeze is scheduled for Sep 25, 2019.  A KIP must be accepted by this date in order to
be part of 2.4.0.  (Being accepted doesn't mean it will be part of 2.4.0, though-- it also
has to be implemented.)  Hope this helps.

cheers,
Colin