kafka-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] KIP-480 : Sticky Partitioner
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2019 00:25:33 GMT
+1 (binding).  Thanks, Justine!

ComputedPartition#get probably should be ComputedPartition#partition or something.  We typically
name accessors the same as the variables that are being accessed.

As we discussed in the other thread, one minor addition that might make this KIP even better
is a StickyRoundRobinPartitioner class that just implements the sticky behavior regardless
of whether the key is null or not.  It would just be a standalone custom partitioner class
that could be configured if people wanted this.

best,
Colin