kafka-dev mailing list archives

From 王双双 <wo7883...@163.com>
Subject message.max.bytes
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2019 12:06:09 GMT
Hello everyone,
I have recently encountered a problem with the parameter 'message.max.bytes'. Here are the
details: There are 1000 messages that I have not consumed, each message is 7KB, and a log
under
 the topic is 106MB. I altered the parameter 'message.max.bytes' from 4MB to 1MB, then I restarted
the kafka server. I checked the message in each partition, unfortunately, the message that
have not been consumed disappeared.
Note: my kafka  server version is 0.10.0.1, I created a topic with 3 replicas and 6 partitions.

Does anyone know where the disappeared message gone? Can I recover this?
I appreciate it if anyone replies to me soon.

Best regards.
Wang