kafka-dev mailing list archives

From "Zhou, Thomas" <thz...@paypal.com.INVALID>
Subject Question about integrating kafka broker with a service
Date Thu, 16 May 2019 23:04:05 GMT
Hi,

I am one of the Kafka users and I have a question about how to integrate our service with
Kafka. Basically, we want to enable Kafka with TLS and we want to enable mutual authentication
use SSL context. We’ve already got a service which will sign the cert and manage the key.
Our goal is to let Kafka broker side and client side integrate this service so people will
not need to worry about rotating the key and other stuff. I know that kafka design is un-pluggable,
but can I get some advice about how difficult it is to make kafka pluggable with a service
as I mentioned.
I will really appreciate if you could give some advice.

Thanks & Regards,
Thomas