kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Gwen Shapira <g...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: [VOTE] KIP-411: Make default Kafka Connect worker task client IDs distinct
Date Thu, 02 May 2019 04:16:30 GMT
I'm confused. Surely the default quota applies on empty client IDs too?
otherwise it will be very difficult to enforce?
So setting the client name will only change something if there's already a
quota for that client?

On the other hand, I fully support switching to "easy-to-wildcard" template
for the client id.