kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Coates <a...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-464 Default Replication Factor for AdminClient#createTopic
Date Thu, 02 May 2019 11:43:53 GMT
Rather than adding overloaded constructors, which can lead to API bloat, how about using a
builder pattern?

I see it’s already got some constructor overloading, but we could add a single new constructor
that takes just the name, and support everything else being set via builder methods.

This would result in a better long term api as the number of options increases.

Sent from my iPhone